Compilation of AAF newsreels about the Hindenburg disaster. National Archives description:
Run time 18 minutes 46 secondsProducer United States. Army Air ForcesAudio/Visual sound, black & whiteLanguage English
"Summary: Reel 1: 950'.
1) AS Hindenburg Zeppelin in flight to New Jersey.
2) LS Hindenburg coming in for landing, Lakehurst N. J.
3) LS Hindenburg Zeppelin bursts into flames and falls to earth.
4) LS Firefighters battle the flames.
5) MS Camera pans L to R showing remains of worlds largest airship.
6) AS Same as sc 1.
7) LS Hindenburg coming in for landing, Lakehurst, N.J.
8) US Hindenburg bursts into flames and crashes.
9) LS Camera pans L to R showing remains of worlds largest airship.
10) LS Firefighters battle the flames.
11) AS Ruins of Hindenburg after flames have been extinguished.
12) MS Wreckage of engines of the large Zeppelin.
13) MS Landing gear of the airship.
14) US Nose of the Zeppelin.
15) GS German ambassador is interviewed about the crash.
16) CU German ambassador.
17) CU Injured persons are put into ambulance.
18) MS Ambulances being driven to hospital.
19) GS Survivors of the Hindenburg crash.
20) CU Fourteen year old cabin boy who escaped the crash.
21) INT S Witness taking oath before testifying about the crash
Reel 2: 700'.
1) LS Zeppelin (Hindenburg) in flames.
2) MS Camera pans L to R showing wreckage of Zeppelin.
3) US Nose of the burned airship.
4) US Hindenburg circles airfield to make landing. Water tank in Fg.
5) LS Airship bursts into flames and crashes.
6) LS Firefighters fighting the blazing airship.
7) AS Hindenburg in flight.
8) LS The Hindenburg comes in for landing.
9) LS Airship bursts into flames and crashes.
10) LS Firefighters fighting the blazing airship.
11) LS Various scenes of the burning airship.
12) MS Capt. Haynes inspects the demolished airship
[Quality: Good]. Good"
June 22, 2014
I don't think that scene exists because the photographer was photographing the ground crew at that exact moment. Someone started shouting when it exploded and he tried to point the camera back up but by then it was already on fire and falling to earth. This video shows it better: h
April 18, 2014
Where is the missing scene
I am looking for the scene that cut out on 3:18.
I mean the scene between the moment as the Hindenburg starts to land and the moment as the Zeppelin exploded.
I hope one of of you know what I mean.
PS.: Sorry for my bad english I am from Germany.